Alternative Biomedical Solutions (ABS) is an industry leader in providing a complete line of New and Quality Refurbished Clinical Chemistry Analyzers to the Clinical, Hospital, Research, Reference, Toxicology and Pain Management Laboratory settings. ABS offers customers a complete range of complimentary services, which include; initial and advanced operator training, application development, host interface data management solutions and support, instrument technical phone support, consumables and reagents for the clinical and drug testing environments.
ABS is looking for employees who want to grow with the organization, can think outside the box, foster a team environment, provide leadership and conduct themselves professionally in high pressure situations.
Roles and Responsibilities
The primary role is to develop new ABS customers within the assigned territory, then qualify, propose and close incremental, profitable, sustainable revenue.
Potential customers are those currently sending out or using competitive offerings for Urine Drug Testing to screen and subsequently confirm the presence or absence of schedule 2 drugs in urine or oral fluids.
The BDE role drives lead generation, in-person and virtual sales calls, marketing and promoting of products and services to new and existing customers, attending national/regional trade shows, product positioning, follow-up, generating sales quotes/contracts, managing administrative paperwork, and working with ABS internal and field-based associates to initiate, implement, and sustain new customer testing.
The BDE manages existing and potential Key Account relationships, maintains productive relationships with distribution and 3rd party consultant partners, reports field intelligence and trends, identifies and recommends additional product and service portfolio offerings to ABS leadership, and acts as a brand ambassador at all times.
The BDE role sells ABS Products and Services to include the following:
- In-House Drug Testing conceptual sales
- Immunoassay – Qualitative systems placements with multiple contracting options
- LCMS – Quantitative systems placements with multiple contracting options
- Equipment Sales & Service Contracts
- Olympus Analyzers, Service Agreements, and Consumables
- Indiko Plus Analyzers, Service Agreements, and Consumables
- BS-200 Analyzers, Service Agreements, and Consumables
- ABS-800 (Mindray) Analyzers, Service Agreements, and Consumables
- LCMS Systems, Service Agreements, and Consumables.
- Service Agreements outside of our Customer base.
- Reagents, Calibrators and Controls, and other consumables
- Thermo Fisher Brand
- Immunalysis Brand
- Various Brands for Chemistry
- Various Brands for Liquid Chromatography
- Laboratory Information Systems
- 3rd party cloud-based LIS portals, sold as part of a package or stand-alone
- ABS Laboratory Services: Urine and Oral Fluid Confirmation Laboratory Services
- Administrative Duties:
- CRM Pipeline/Account Management – from lead generation through the customer life cycle
- Collaborate and coordinate with Accounts Managers, Telesales, Field Service, Finance, and ABS Leadership
- Assist with implementation of new Customers internally and externally
- Lead Biweekly Territory Funnel Reviews for assigned region
- Lead Quarterly Business Reviews for assigned region
- Education – Bachelors Degree minimum, with medical technology and/or MBA credentials preferred
- Selling – 10 years selling experience in medical diagnostics space, ideally with toxicology / forensic / drug testing experience
- Maturity – Work independently with minimal supervision but with empathy to collaborate effectively internally / externally
- Results Driven – “Hunter” Mind Set with demonstrated diagnostic systems sales success over time
- Analytic – Business Acumen with analytical skills to effectively triage new and existing business opportunities
- Brand Ambassador – Executive presence with the gravitas and ability to independently support and grow the ABS brand
- Customer Experience – Consistently creates a positive, engaging Customer Experience
- Communication – Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal capabilities, whether 1:1 or 1:many
- Technology – proficient with mobile devices, cloud-based tools, MS Office suite
- Effectiveness – Disciplined, effective time manager, attention to detail, deadline-oriented, ability to multitask, responsive
- Entrepreneurial – ability to work in a fast-paced, growth environment, partner with all levels of Associates from CEO to administrative, and maintain company and project confidentiality
- Remote Selling – use of virtual and in-person selling opportunities – 50% travel minimum historically
- Location-Based within assigned territory
- market-competitive base salary
- annual role-specific uncapped variable compensation plan with assigned quota
- mileage reimbursement for personal car use
- Usual and customary field travel expense reimbursement for air, hotel, customer engagement, and other selling activities
- Market-competitive benefits package – health, dental, vision, life, 401(k), other associate programs