Alternative Biomedical Solutions (ABS) is an industry leader in providing a complete line of New and Quality Refurbished Clinical Chemistry Analyzers to the Clinical, Hospital, Research, Reference, Toxicology, and Pain Management Laboratory settings. ABS offers customers a complete range of complementary services, which include; initial and advanced operator training, application development, host interface data management solutions and support, instrument technical phone support, consumables, and reagents for the clinical and drug testing environments.
ABS is looking for employees who want to grow with the organization, can think outside the box, foster a team environment, provide leadership and conduct themselves professionally in high pressure situations.
About the Job
The ideal candidate will be responsible for all Human Resources topics and tasks for the business. It is essential that this candidate brings analytical and organizational skills in order to best support the company and employees.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and administering employee policies that support company values, mission, and culture.
- Responsible for recruiting, screening, and interviewing potential employees. Ensures that potential employees are properly investigated and tested. Anticipates personnel requirements and ensures a well-balanced and well-integrated staff.
- Ensures that the Employee Handbook, as well as other manuals, are kept current. Analyzes the effectiveness of personnel policies and practices. Recommends suitable revisions to management based on results of an analysis.
- Ensures that employees are kept aware of personnel policies and employee benefit programs on a continuing basis. Acts as a coordinator between various insurance carriers and management. Recommends any changes to the employee benefits program to management.
- Maintains an active salary and position classification program, providing information to supervisors about the rationale, scope, and usage of classification procedures and assisting them, as necessary, in applying this information to job descriptions.
- Coordinates an annual maintenance review of job descriptions, ensuring that each employee has a current job description.
- Responsible for the effective operation of the employee evaluation program to ensure that the proper performance and utilization of the employee’s skills are made. Ensures that supervisors conduct meaningful employee evaluations in accordance with policy. These are to be used in evaluating employees for completion of the probationary period, merit increase, transfers, promotions, demotions, etc.
- Ensures that new employees receive a proper orientation. Works with various supervisors on monitoring and continually upgrading on-the-job training, as needed.
- Acts as central coordinator for employee training activities, such as lectures, classes, seminars, conferences, and schools.
- Calculates, enters, and processes payroll for each employee and each business entity.
- Assists management in developing and preparing a personnel budget to be submitted to the Board for approval. Operates within adopted budget unless exception is approved by management.
- Provides guidance to supervisors and employees on problems originating from individual work situations or work environment. Advises and assists employees, upon request, to resolve personal problems. Counsels management and employees on grievances and complaints. Takes appropriate steps to see that they are resolved or channeled to management, if necessary.
- Advises management on the responsibility of the companies under the Fair Labor Standards Act, Equal Employment Opportunity Act, Workers’ Compensation Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, and other government statutes and programs affecting personnel administration or the health and safety of employees.
- Tracks and reports employees’ PTO. Works with various supervisors in coordinating employee leave requests.
- Acts as coordinator for employee events to support company culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR management or related discipline or a minimum of 5 years experience
- Expertise in HR policies, procedures, regulations, and best practices.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills, as well as, excellent communication skills.
- Customer-focused attitude with HIGH LEVEL OF DISCRETION AND PROFESSIONALISM.
- MS Office Suite and ADP Workforce Now experience.