Alternative Biomedical Solutions (ABS) is an industry leader in providing a complete line of New and Quality Refurbished Clinical Chemistry Analyzers to the Clinical, Hospital, Research, Reference, Toxicology and Pain Management Laboratory settings. ABS offers customers a complete range of complimentary services, which include; initial and advanced operator training, application development, host interface data management solutions and support, instrument technical phone support, consumables and reagents for the clinical and drug testing environments.
ABS is looking for employees who want to grow with the organization, can think outside the box, foster a team environment, provide leadership and conduct themselves professionally in high pressure situations.
Roles and Responsibilities
This position will report to the IA Service Manager. May lead and direct the work of others, with a wide degree of creativity and latitude expected.
General roles and responsibilities to include:
- Ability to direct and train personnel
- Adherence to strict timelines and coordination of resources
- Respond to and facilitate the repair of diagnostic equipment that has failed at the customer site
- Provide direct technical phone support to customers
- Work with immediate manager to insure appropriate Service Call escalation measures are implemented, in the event a customer remains down more than 8 hours after initial service call
- Provide Preventive Maintenance (PM) Inspections for “Warranty” and “Service Contract” customers
- Provide, as required, PMs for “non-contracted” customers
- Work directly with Manager to assist in scheduling, coordinating and performing all new product installations, operator training and assay validation activities at the customer site
- Responsible for direct support and training of new Field Service Representatives
- Provide in-service training to customers on operations and general preventive maintenance as required, when the pattern of service problems dictates
- Accountable for immediate and accurate communication and documentation of all customer interactions in relation to Quality System requirements
- Adhere to all applicable policies and procedures as outlined within the Quality System requirements
- Assist immediate manager with tracking and trending of PM’s and service call metrics to measure instrument performance and customer satisfaction against Quality System objectives.
- 6-8 years of in field Medical Device / Diagnostic equipment service experience is required
- 4-5 years of experience with Olympus/Beckman Coulter diagnostic analyzers and/or Mindray BS200, BS480, or BS800 diagnostic analyzers is preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Associate / Technical School degree preferred
- Demonstrate a proven ability to diagnose and resolve problems on sophisticated analytical instrumentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in dealing with customers in a positive and professional manner
- The ability to read, interpret and analyze component block diagrams, assembly drawings and wiring diagrams is preferred
- Ability to prioritize Service Requests and Preventive Maintenance schedules
- Must be skilled in the use of a computer to complete service call inputs/outputs
- Ability to multi task and work on several projects at the same time
- Must possess strong management skills in assisting immediate manager with service call, installation and preventive maintenance coordination and scheduling.
Strong ability to communicate and work cross functionally with Sales, Quality and upper management to insure all Quality System goals are met and maintained
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen, and speak clearly on the telephone.